Lattitude Global Volunteering (formerly known as Gap Activity Projects) is an international youth development charity. Our mission is to educate and develop young people worldwide by providing inclusive opportunities for them to make a positive difference to the lives of others through a distinctive, challenging, structured and supported international volunteering experience in a culture and community different from their own.
Through global volunteering, we aim to give young people the opportunity to realise the world beyond their community and to truly engage with it. They are encouraged to develop awareness and responsibilities towards themselves and others, equipping them with vital life skills.
Our vision is of a world where all young people contribute to a more dynamic, caring and tolerant society as responsible global citizens.
Our beliefs and values
- We believe in the adaptability and creativity of young people and their power to drive positive cultural change
- We value the practical support and contribution young people can make
- We believe cross cultural international exchange, integration and collaboration fosters understanding between different nations and cultures
- We value lifelong learning through practical action, experience and reflection
- We balance independence for our volunteers with our duty of care
- We work with partners based on relationships of trust, openness and respect
- We strive for continuous improvement, actively encouraging creativity and developing ideas
- We provide caring and committed services and support to our hosts and volunteers
- We acknowledge the valuable work of our volunteer staff and supporters
With nearly 40 years’ experience and offices in New Zealand, Australia, the UK and Canada, we have supported around 30,000 young volunteers globally.