A world of possibilities awaits you!!! Whether you are a school leaver, undergraduate, or postgraduate, volunteering overseas can benefit you enormously. You will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for continued education, employment and adult life. It will give you the point of difference that will make you stand out from the crowd. You will develop as a leader, a mentor, a teacher or a caregiver, as you take on responsible roles as a staff member at your placement. The skills you pick up look great on your CV, and will aid you not just in joining tertiary studies or the workforce, but in all your future pursuits.
You will gain an indepth understanding of a new country and culture. While most people want to travel, actually living in a new country is a far cry from being a tourist. It allows you to see the challenges different people face, and aids you in developing a global perspective. It is a unique and rewarding way to discover the world. Our destinations really need the support of volunteers like you, which makes the experience even more worthwhile. Plus, of course... you will have an AMAZING TIME! Discovering the world while you are young, in a structured and meaningful way, really will change your life! Lattitude can make all the arrangements for you and support you every step of the way. If you would like to leave your mark on a community abroad, while experiencing the adventure of a lifetime, a Lattitude placement could be for you!
Prepare For Your Future:
- It is a springboard for discovering yourself and the world
- Find inspiration and clarity for your future career options
- Reinvigorate yourself by taking a break from formal education
- Gain valuable work experience
- Improve your CV and overall employability
- Take time to consider options and help you plan for your future.
- Visit the "University of Life"
- Improve confidence
- Become independent
- Take on roles of responsibility
- Learn tolerance and become more open-minded
- Accept new challenges
- Enhanced decision-making
- Advanced maturity
- Meet new people and make new friends, both within the community and with other volunteers
- Improve communication and relationship skills
- Be part of a professional staff team
- International connections
Lend a Helping Hand:
- Give back, & make a difference in someone else's life
- Contribute to a community
- Help where help is needed
- Provide inspiration to others
- Enjoy teaching people, & see how rewarding it is to have an impact on the lives of others
- Help others in meaningful ways
- Help people and communities who really need it and become an active member of the local community.
- A rare opportunity to do something completely different.
- Become immersed in a new culture & community
- Develop new language skills
- Gain new perspectives on life
- Increase your adaptability
- Heighten your understanding of global issues
- Learn tolerance and respect
- Live and work in a different culture, and experience life from another perspective.
Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone:
- Discover and embrace how diverse the world really is
- Adventure in your prime
- Travel off the beaten track, and have a more ‘authentic' and worthwhile experience than simply visiting as a tourist
- Enjoy life & new experiences!
- Go on a real challenge
"The people here are really relaxed - happy to ponder along the road instead of rushing, and happy to sit on the grass as night falls and chat and laugh together. The kids at school have such great smiles, discipline and singing voices! They're always so proud of their little food harvest that they bring you for dinner and always want to be first to show you their work and get a sticker."
Amie Saunders, Teacher, Vanuatu